Monday, June 04, 2012

500...An Epic Post On a Glorious Blog By a Spectacular Blogger

So, here I was doing my blog, promoting others, editing, fixing grammatical errors adding pictures when I look up and notice that I am at 499 posts.
Whoa.
Stop the presses! Here I am ready to squeeze off another one like a teenage boy watching Tomb Raider.
What was I thinking? I have been promoting Mike Rugg and his fundraiser. I was discussing bear anatomy compared to humans. I was about to give myself a promotion for my Squatching U.S.A. project..but is it worth #500?

What the heck could I possibly blog about for my 500th post?

I had to stop and reflect upon The Bigfoot Field Reporter.

I began this blog and my mission in 2009 under the direction and support of Craig Woolheater. He took me under his wing and introduced me to many notables in the Bigfoot world. But it didn't begin there.

I began as a sole individual. The BFRO sucked me in with their fantastic database. In 2006 I began reading every report. I was blown away. Here I am thinking Bigfoot was a Pacific Northwest phenomenon...then I find out there was a sighting in the 80's fifteen minutes from my driveway!!!! I began snooping around. Before long I had my own personal experience and wanted to share it with someone. I had been a regular on the KY Research project vigil and had befriended Todd aka Grtpumpkin. He told me I should join the MABRC. I did and I shared my story with them and before long I was joining members on expeditions. I met my number one research partner, Bob Durdella. I went to West Virginia with Rick Skeen. I went to Honobia, OK with DW Lee and Randy Harrington. I went to Billy Creek and Salt Fork with Todd and others. I was traveling across the United States on my own dime. I loved it.
I began a new radio show for the MABRC with Drey Blevins. I interviewed Scott Nelson, Doug Haijeck and Thom Powell. I co-hosted another radio show with Don Keating. I was meeting people and having a blast. Eric Altman has invited me on many of the PBS outings.

I have met so many people and have been so many places that it all becomes a jumbled blur.
Why do I do this?
My mission, my initial goal, was to unite researchers across the United States. To share information. I think I have done that. I have met and hung out with and squatched with and have sung with so many researchers. I feel so blessed.

In 2009, I went on a tour of the west coast for my birthday. We spent 2 days at Bluff Creek with Steven Streufert and Bobo. We were guests of Autumn Williams and her mother Sally on our way to Beachfoot to celebrate Peter Byrne's birthday. I met Cliff Barackman and Steve Inness, Robert Michael Pyle, Bob Gimlin, Tom Yamarone. Too many people to name.

It has been a lot of fun and I want to do more with it.

I would like to have my project funded so I can have an epic summer of story telling! We shall see! Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. i know I left out many names but I didn't want to be a "name dropper".

    ReplyDelete