Friday, January 27, 2012

Salt Fork Squatching

In honor of this week's episode of Finding Bigfoot that was taped at Salt Fork State Park, I am going to be posting stories from witnesses who had some type of Bigfoot activity.

I do believe there is a Squatch in these woods!

Our first story comes to us from Nancy and Bernie. Nancy and Bernie were high school sweethearts and are still married. They share a passion for Bigfoot and they spend almost every weekend camping at Salt Fork.

"February 9, 2009, my husband and I were driving around at Salt Fork State Park in Ohio. It was a warm day for February, maybe in the high 40 's or 50's, It was sunny and clear. About 4:00 or 4:30 pm.

It had been about 20 years since we had gone there. We were heading up the main road of the park wanting to see Hosack's Cave. The turnoff to the cave was not marked and we missed the road to turn on.

Just ahead on the right side of the road, there was a very large massive sasquatch standing on the hillside heading up. I had a very clear view. I kept asking my husband what is that, what is that. He didn't see it. There was no way on earth I would have ever told him what I saw. Just up the road a few feet by the pines was a turn around in a private driveway. I just kept asking what was that. My husband hurried and turned the car around in the drive and hurried back. It was only about 150 feet maybe back to the spot. As we approached I know he saw it then. He was stirring at the top of the hill and ran the car left of center and off the road onto the berm.

By this time the animal was at the top of the road about 60 feet up and it had it's back to us and had it's arms wrapped around the tree like is was hugging it, or trying to hide. We could see the solid dark brown hair not short not long It had longer hair that flowed form its head and hair off it's shoulders like a mane. It was buff like a muscular body builder. The view I had at first I could tell the arms were longer than a human. There was no visible neckline. The hair seemed groomed and not matted. It stood perfectly straight and did not hunch over in any way. We did not see the face. My husband sat there with his head down shaking his head in disbelief. At this point all I could do was laugh. I didn't want to be the first one the say what it was. I asked him what did you see. After a minute or two he said 'It looked like a giant hairy man'.

When we looked up it was gone again and we went home. We didn't talk about for a couple of days.

Then on February 13, we packed up our stuff and headed back to the lake to see if we could see it again. We hiked all through the woods and looked that day.

Thanks Nancy for sharing your story!

2 comments:

  1. Great interview and story Sharon! Seems that that end of the park is quite active. We did a bit of scouting around the cave trail and the stone house area. Found one suspect track. Hope to get back this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome Sharon.

    ReplyDelete