Saturday, June 19, 2010

Oregon Sasquatch Symposium, Breakdown

I never thought I'd utter the words "the beautiful Ohio weather" but that is what I said as I left the 80 degree days to head out to Eugene, Oregon where the temps were expected to be in the low to mid 60's as the high! But, alas, the Bigfoot Field Reporter goes where the action is.

Friday was a day for meeting up with old friends and hanging out for awhile before the festivities began. Several of us headed out for lunch and a visit to the Museum of Unfine Art to observe the local Sasquatch art on display. It was amazing to see how the artists portray their version of Bigfoot. The pieces varied in price from $45 to over $300; if I had more money, I would have bought them all.

We then headed over to the Red Lion Inn for the pre-symposium Meet and Greet and I had to prepare for the live radio show. Well, as many of you know, that turned into a train wreck due to loss of signal and other malfunctions. I did however record some interviews and will piece together a pre-recorded show for your listening pleasure.

There were about 50 people in the room. Bob Gimlin, Paul Graves, Jerry Hein. Jerry made buttons for some of us with our pictures on them. He is so sweet!

I finally got to meet Toby Johnson, the coordinator of the event. He really did a heck of a job and does a phenomenal Neil Diamond! Henry May was there as well as Autumn Williams, Kathy and Bob Strain, Thom Cantrall, Jeff Meldrum, Craig Woolheater, Sali Sheppard-Wolford, Cliff Barackman and so many more!

After the crash and burn of the radio show, we headed down to the lounge for some Bigfoot Karaoke. Due to the absence of Tom Yamarone we were forced to entertain ourselves! Wow. Talk about a fun night! I was doing a little smack talking with Autumn and challenged her to a sing-off. It was on...I think I will take the high road here and concede that she won the match by a very slim margin. Just you wait missy!

I can't believe I had so much fun on the very first day! I am in love with the west coast squatchers, they are so amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment