Monday, September 28, 2009

TBRC 2009 Conference Recap




I arrived at Tyler airport on Friday. I then went to the Tyler Sleep Inn to check into my hotel room. The lobby was empty except for one lone person sitting at the computer. Esteban Sarmiento. I went up to Esteban and introduced myself and we chatted for a bit. He is sweet and shy. He is intimidated by my likeness to an aggressive female primate. (joke)

After I got my stuff settled into my room, I came back down to the lobby and met up with Craig Woolheater. He asked me if I wanted to help him run errands. This was a working vacation for sure!

We retrieved Loren Coleman from the airport, dropped him off at the hotel, then proceeded to run errands buying consumable treats for the meet and greet to be held later that evening.

When we got back to the hotel, the lobby was filled with about 40 people! They all helped unload the truck, while I went to my room to freshen up for dinner.

We all piled into several cars and head out to Rudys for some Texas barbecue.

The dinner at Rudys was a lot of fun..like one bigfoot family reunion. Sitting with all the notables and chowing down. Peter Matthiessen, Bob Gimlin, John Bindernagle, Loren Coleman, Esteban Sarmiento, John Mionczynski...incredible.

We then headed back to the hotel for the meet and greet and I set up for my live radio show. The atmosphere was festive and we had a great time! Have a listen!

Live Broadcast of TBRC 2009 Conference Meet and Greet

No comments:

Post a Comment